Thursday, November 16, 2017

Get shopping - A Wild Tea Party gift guide 2017



Yes, it's back! You loved last year's gift guide, so I've done the hard work for you and rounded up some great gift ideas for the ladies in your life.

I know this is an expensive and pressuring time of year (yupppp), so I've presented a range of price points and categories.

And don't panic, but there's only... well, just over 5 weeks until Christmas. Ready, set, go!

STOCKING STUFFERS


I love a good hair scarf, they're so handy, and perfect not just for hair but also to tie round your neck for a dash of whim with a sundress or on the handle of a handbag. You can try something like the Nifty Nylon 50's Style Hair Scarf in magenta with black polka dots from Doll Me Up which comes in under $20 and has free worldwide shipping!

There's something so fun about tassel earrings for making a statement but not weighing down your ears! These gorgeous Glitter Tassels are from Milly & So for just $20 + shipping.


Ok, so this isn't technically a 'stocking stuffer' because you can't physically put it in a stocking, but it's one of my favourite budget gifts that can be given to anyone around the globe and brings 25 days of pure joy. The Jacquie Lawson Advent calendar is one of my December highlights, with each day bringing a new activity or gorgeous illustrated video. Last year's theme was a British seaside village at Christmas, this year it's a gorgeous Alpine Village but you can order either! And keep an eye out for secret little surprises that you click on and they interact, but you have to hunt hard! The advent calendar is just $4, but you can order more and it gets cheaper.


This is legit one of my favourite products from Lush - it makes me feel calm and rested, and I find it best used in the evening before I slap on my Sleepy body cream *ahem*. Twilight is part of the Christmas release, so make sure to snag yourself a bottle before it vanishes, it's just $19.95 for the 250g bottle.


GOOD FEELS



While you can make a direct donation on someone's behalf to the RSPCA, if you'd like to give a gift that feels good and tastes good too, then head into Peter Alexander and buy the P.A. Charity Chocolate Bars with their cute retro designs. 100% of the proceeds go to the RSPCA. They're just $7.99.

 
The first time I put a sample of this eye cream on I remember feeling how much firmer my under eye area felt and was shocked, and then raved about it for ages. In fact, I'm still raving. The SÉLA PEARL RICE Radiant Replenishing Eye Contour Cream is $117 + shipping.


It might seem like an odd idea at first, but giving the gift of meditation is an investment in someone's wellbeing, and who the hell doesn't want everyone around them to feel better? If you mention meditation these days, nearly everyone chimes in with the Headspace app! And with good reason. There's a guided meditation for everything from stress to pain to sleep!

I was given a sample of the Bondi Scrubs coffee scrub and I was like a crazy woman in the shower polishing myself, and inadvertently spraying coffee all over the shower, and making people touch my really soft skin ("No, feel ittttt!"). And I mean, who doesn't want to smell like Coconut Coffee Scrub?! It's $22 plus shipping.

LUXURY

Nothing says glamour like a pair of statement earrings, does it? These Lawrence VRBA crystal earrings are wonderful frosting for any outfit year round, and comes from the magical treasure trove called Harlequin Market for $350. 




Bear with me, this so isn't as morbid as it looks! This is actually a memento mori style eternity band. These Georgian inspired design comes from Vulpecula Jewelry and comes in a variety of stones and metals, like this emerald one! Now if this isn't romantic, I don't know what is!




The new Meridian Horizon watch from Jord is just droolworthy! I am a huge fan of my own watch from Jord, as I find the wood band so comfortable on the wrist, and it never pinches or leaves marks. Judging by how many people ask me where I got my watch, it's a safe bet this is a gift that will be adored! It's $429USD with free worldwide shipping. And yes, if you click through to the Jord website from this post, you'll be able to grab some great discounts ;)


As if I could do a post without an amazing pair of shoes?! The La Belle Swarovski embellished sandals from Roccapina are so perfect for summer parties, which in Australia means all damn December! They're $315 + shipping and made in Italy. 


HOMEGROWN

If you've never seem the simple brilliance of Matou En Peluche you've been missing out! These gorgeous art prints are perfectly priced to brighten up a room with artworks ranging from shopping mermaids, mid-century glamour girls, Art Deco flappers, and cute kitties! This artwork is called Edward and Eliza and comes in two sizes. 



Know a girl who likes novelty jewellery? You can't look past some fun acrylic accessories, like this 3D Under The Sea Necklace, $45 + shipping from new designer Louna Rae. Her work is just crazy good - make sure to check out the earrings too. 


I have tiny wrists, so I get really excited about Dinosaur Designs having bangles in a range of sizes! Of course, they do an amazing array of jewellery and homewares, and who can go past a classic pair of drop hoop earrings? Wear them with a t-shirt and jeans, wear them with an LBD, team them with sandals and a playsuit in summer, or a turtleneck in winter. Totally your call! The Mineral Hoop Earrings in gold are $250 + shipping. 


Who doesn't love a beautiful scented candle? (Well, except my father). This is my total forever fave candle in the world, from Australian brand Jaye Niemi. The scent of Lavender Mt Blanc, Valencia + Clary Sage is so calming burning in my bedroom, and I admit sometimes I just take the lid off the sniff it when it isn't lit! It's $34.95 + shipping. 


FESTIVE 



Daisy Jean Floral Designs is a brand I thoroughly love working with, because I know how wonderful the products are while remaining affordable! This year Daisy Jean Floral Designs has an Australian themed Christmas brooch range! How cute is this little Koala? There is also a sweet magpie, a sandman, and even a Bah Humbug brooch! Each brooch is $35 with free shipping, and if you order 3 brooches you get an extra freebie! 




This necklace might be part of the The Snow Queen collection from N2 by Les Nereides, but if it doesn't have Christmas vibes, well pluck me like a turkey for dinner! Kay Setting Off On An Adventure On Its Horses-Drawn Sleigh Necklace is $149 + shipping. There is also super adorable earrings in this range, check them out!

There's something magical about the idea of candles burning in lanterns at Christmas time - which is why this Lantern brooch from Martinis & Slippers really caught my eye! It's $45 + shipping, and would look great teamed with the silver bells brooch too! 


Every year I like to swap the artwork around to reflect the season, and Janet Hill's work never disappoints. Her Peppermint Family series are the sweetest and most stylish Christmas art you can imagine. This is called The Peppermint Family Trim the Tree - imagine this above the mantle!

Good luck shopping... and no, I couldn't find two front teeth to add to this list for those that want them... 

Love Ellen x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...