Saturday, April 27, 2013

HRH in 1954


Happy ANZAC weekend everyone. I haven't been very patriotic, what with my flu that has kept me in bed for the past three days. Still, I've been doing my own activity in remembering. My grandmother's house sold a month ago and we went through the giant task of clearing it out. Along the way we found boxes upon boxes of photographs and old slides that my grandfather took. He was a keen photographer, and I cannot even begin to tell you what a delight it's been to look through these photographs. I have learnt so much about my grandmother's life from them.

One of the series of photos I found in the boxes that delighted me was this four: Queen Elizabeth II's visit to Sydney in 1954. It was an incredibly momentous time for everyone here.

Love WTP x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! These are such wonderful photos by your grandfather! I love a bit of royalty so thank you for sharing them.

Jen said...

Wow, these are so cool! I'm trying to figure out where in Sydney they are...?

Wild Tea Party said...

My guesses are photo two is Hyde Park, maybe somewhere along Elizabeth St? The third is the SCG, but as for the last one - no idea! I've been wracking my brain on that one. I might need to take the photos and have a wander of the city, see if I can piece it together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...