Thursday, March 15, 2012

Quick Vintage Inspired Hair

Even though I've been much more diligent with painting my nails this year, it seems to have replaced doing my hair on a regular basis. I'm getting awfully reliant on side plaits. So, taking it upon myself to lift my game, I’ll share my four minute do. Yes, just four minutes to do this. I timed it. And the best bit? This style works whether your hair is dry or sopping wet. I've done it for this post half dry, but I promise it works dripping wet too.

Step 1: Brush out your hair, adding a side part.

Step 2: Take the front section of the narrower side of your parted hair and twist it back, using two bobby pins to secure it.

Step 3: On the other side, separate a small front section from the rest of the hair and pin out of the way. In my case it’s my fringe, but this works for long hair too.

Step 4: Take a section of hair from behind the front section and twist back and secure like the other side.

Step 5: Taking the small front section, rolling, starting at the end, the hair back towards your head so you’ve got a neat little roll. Pin it down with a pin that is pushed away from the part line and into the roll. This will keep it secure.

Step 6: Now you've got the front of your hair twists done, you can see the loop, just like a Victory Roll the fringe section has made. Hair spray it!

Step 7: Take the back section of your hair and put into a pony tail.

Step 8: Split your ponytail into two even sections and tie them in a knot.

Step 9: Continue knotting all the way down the length of your hair.

Step 10: Twist the knotted hair into a bun. The knotted hair makes it look textured and full.

Step 11: Secure the bun with pins and a hair net if necessary.

Step 12: The finished product. I recommend adding a hair clip, bow or scarf, but I forgot to photograph the finished style for this tutorial because I'm a silly girl. I do like a head scarf with a big bow at the front when I wear this 'do!

Ta da! Cute, quick hair.

Love WTP x

2 comments:

Anna said...

gorgeous!! will have to try it!

albina N muro said...

Even though I've been much more diligent with painting my nails this year, it seems to have replaced doing my hair on a regular basis. Societic Hair

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...