Thursday, February 25, 2016

A joyous day




My dear friend, Ellen of Talk&Spoon got married on Saturday. It was AWESOME SAUCE to be there and see her wed her forever handsome and gentlemanly DS. The wedding ceremony took place at St Philip's on York Street, while the reception was held that evening at Mr. Wong, well known for it's delicious Chinese food - and it did not disappoint. Can I get some more of that lobster thanks? I was a little disappointed I had the most disgusting cold going on, and I felt like dying, because it ruined my appetite and made me leave the reception early *insert tears of sadness*

I've been waiting and waiting to wear this 50s silk wiggle dress for awhile. It is so much fun and so elegant. I just want to swish everywhere in it with my mini capes, or wings. For the evening portion of the event I actually swapped into my grandmother's rhinestone accessories and my mother's Oroton Swarovski clutch, but I couldn't get any decent pictures in the restaurant, boo.

People occasionally ask me if I feel awkward dressing up... NO! I'd rather be the most dressed up person in a room and be remembered for it, rather than under dressed. There's no time for that, life is short and if the worst anyone can level at me is that they remembered me for being the girl in heels and rhinestones then what could possibly be bad about that? I say rock being dressed up, wear sparkly things, take everything you wear to the next level and don't apologise. If people are looking it's a good thing - they had no idea before you entered the room that every day could really be an event. And if someone feels like being nasty about it, then remember, they're probably just envious they can't be as ridiculously confident and fabulous as you. 


Wearing...
1950s blue and green rose print silk wiggle dress via Facebook group, Ted Baker heels, Mimco clutch and jewellery

5 comments:

Harlow Darling said...

All of you ladies look beautiful and the bride looks heavenly, such a stunning dress and lovely bouquet too! Weddings seem to be one of the few occasions left where you aren't going to be asked why you are so dressed up - and it is a shame, although you are absolutely right, life is too short so wear those rhinestones today!

fzillion said...

I'm considering a couple different party dresses for my grad on the internet, one of them being a wedding dress. but It's not too over-the-top.

white party dresses

Lavender and Twill said...

I am so with you ~ I'd rather be remembered for being overdressed with a fantastic outfit {as long as it's not too over the top ~ a tulle party dress to a bbq would be passé I believe} than for forgotten for being shabby and average... :P Haha! Life's too short, wear the dress... And what a dress! That back draping is divine! ;) ❤

xox,
bonita of Lavender & Twill

Porcelina said...

You look sensational in that gorgeous dress!xx

Jaisy Bonie said...

My daughter was married here and all our guests said that wedding venues Los Angeles were the most amazing place they've ever been too. I love the dark wood, the beamed ceilings, and the overall sort of great vibe of the building.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...