Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Sunshine Sunday








When my dear Nora of Nora Finds contacted me to say Unique Vintage had sent her this dress but it didn't fit right and would I like it, I admit I was a touch excited. Cue a few weeks later and this dress made it's way from chilly London to mid-30s celsius weather in Sydney. With both of us now owning the same dress, you know what happened next... Oops, we're blogging the same dress. You know being vintage blogging besties it was just bound to happen!

For me, I decided that being a stinking hot time of year, I wanted to make this dress scream summer. Rather than go down the black patent leather route to match the belt, I instead decided to make this one bright and cheery. Cue tiki inspired hair flowers from Daisy Jean and my poppy coloured wedges with the ribbon embellishments. I also swapped out the belt for a red one of my own.

This was the perfect outfit for a sunny evening down at the park, listening to the geese honk whenever I got too close to the pond's edge and watching the world from under my parasol and basking in the sunlight. Exactly how I like to spend sunny Sundays. I will miss warm evenings when the weather cools down - of course, then I could probably take a leaf out of Nora's book and style this dress for cool weather... Doesn't she look like such a babe in it?!



Love WTP x

Wearing...
Unique Vintage Bernie Dexter Red Poppy Saturday night dress, ASOS belt, Miss Albright via Anthropologie wedges, Daisy Jean Florals custom flower piece, Jord Ely in maple watch


Fit* I love Bernie Dexter dresses, but sometimes find the fit off depending on the cut. For reference, I am currently measuring 36-27-38 and this dress in a medium fits well - form fitting but not uncomfortable and still room to eat a huge Vietnamese noodle bowl... uh, anyway... 

8 comments:

Harlow Darling said...

Yes, it's important to own enough dresses that you can wear out to eat a big bowl of Pho or Vermicelli in - priorities!!! Both you and Nora look fantastic in this dress and the great thing about Bernie dresses is that they are so easy to dress up or down depending on the season. Not sure if I am going to miss summer though, I am so ready to be able to wear trousers and sweaters again! This will be my first winter in this country in three years, so I am really looking forward to it :D

Deco Darling

Ma Cherie D said...

I always liked this dress it is just amazing, and like Harlow Darling said both of you look stunning in this dress!

Serena S. Madhouse said...

This dress is really lovely, beautiful photos!

s.

http://madhouseautoproduzioni.blogspot.com

gwenstella said...

Both you and Nora are too adorable! I love how you have styled it for the hot weather... Those wedges go so well with the dress. You definitely have a pretty enviable shoe collection. xx Gwen

Porcelina said...

oo that's a lovely shape dress! You both look fab in it. I always love seeing a dress on different people, I get more of an idea of length and such. Your photos are really rather lovely, how I envy the heat though, seeing as I'm in Nora's part of the world! xx

Lavender and Twill said...

Gah! You two! Total babes! I really love how you both have different takes on styling the dress, and I'd wear it either way in a heartbeat... Well, depending on the weather of course! ;) ❤

xox,
bonita of Lavender & Twill

little henry lee said...

That's so sweet of Nora to send her spare dress to you! And of course you both look beautiful in it, and you get to be twins! :)

jessica - littlehenrylee.com

Tanith said...

Oh you both look so lovely. What fabulous double posts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...