Monday, December 8, 2008

Getting into the Christmas Feel

Some creative ideas for you over the next two weeks for my favorite time of the year:

To begin with, this is my favorite. I made this last year and it's the best thing I've contributed so far. You all know how cards are the most difficult things to display, so we try to stand them all up on shelves only for them to fall over at the slightest breeze, or we hook them over the blinds which while great on the inside, doesn't look so crash hot outside. Instead, try this.

You'll need:

* 4 x 2m ribbon in colour of your preference. I've used red with a gold lining because of the Christmas colour theme in my house but you can use any colours you prefer.
* 30 Christmas themed pegs. I've used little stockings with glitter on them. I found mine pre attached to a horizontal card hanger and cut them off.
* 4 Christmas decorations to attach to the end. You can use bells, angels, stars or greenery like mine.

All up this project was under $10. I got all the pieces at a bargain store locally.

Now it's simply a matter of securing the decoration to the end of the ribbon, you can use glue or just tie them to the end. If the decoration has a loop you could even sew the end of the ribbon neatly into the loop. Then attach them to the banisters like I have done, or else you could pin them in front of a window with thumb tacks. To store them, remove all the cards then just roll them neatly onto a stick and put away until next year.

NB. Alternative to making a card maker you can also just hang the ribbons and attach decorations along their length to make a novel Christmas display. I would recommend angels.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...