Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blackout


I know you don’t come here for the ‘important’ stuff - you come here to look at pretty things, so I’ll keep this brief. Several websites (most notably, Wikipedia) are currently undergoing a ‘blackout’ to protest SOPA, a bill currently being debated in the US senate. This is the first attempt at introducing a US internet censorship bill and I'm sure more will follow. While you might be inclined to say, ‘I don’t live the US, this doesn’t affect me’, think again. It will potentially affect websites you read on a daily basis. But don’t take my word for it. Research this, make your own mind up, and if, like me, you think this is a dangerous step in the wrong direction, please sign the petition HERE.

Love WTP x

P.S. This photo was taken several years ago by a lovely friend of mine, Amy. Additionally, I’ll be back to regular posting after the weekend – new years adjustments have made getting my time in order very difficult!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...