Thursday, May 23, 2013

Nan & Pa


My grandparents on my mother's side are pretty much sickeningly cute, aren't they? My grandparents met when my grandfather, Ron, used to do tricks on his bike as he rode past my grandmother, Veronica, on the way to school. They were only 12. One day, he stopped to carry her books for her, and the rest was history.

They shared many happy years together until my grandfather passed away of a heart attack when I was only 6 months old. I was the only grandchild he ever met. What I know of him, he was sweet, hard-working, devoted, and totally opposed to women shaving their legs and getting their ears pierced (those are the things gypsies do). He liked to tinker with cars, and he always brought the best meat home, being a butcher. To this day, even after 20 years without him, my grandmother still describes him as her one true love.

My gran once gave me some of her sage advice for a blissful home, and I'll share it now: Always let the man chase you - if he really wants you he must always treat you well, consistently. Do not rush to get married, when you're young especially, you will have many years of responsibility ahead of you. And don't make your children do too much housework, especially daughters, as they will have plenty of years to do it themselves with their own children. 

My gran, sweet as sugar!

Love WTP x

5 comments:

Helen said...

Such a lovely story, they look like a really fun couple
http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

Your grandparents are so completely gorgeous and I love your grans sweet words of advice! I can see a little of you in both of them. :)

Sophie Jane said...

What a heart melting post

Harlow Darling said...

I love the story of how your grandparents met, so adorable! All of the photos of your grandparents are so lovely, what a good looking couple! I love how stylish your grandmother looks, I bet she must love having a vintage loving grand daughter :)

Lima said...

This is a heart felt story. They do look adorable together.

Wish I had more photos of my grandparents. We only have 1 picture of them together. </3

Halima

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...