Monday, September 19, 2016

Over my knee


This outfit is one of those left of centre looks for me. Sometimes I like to shake things up - and it's because of things like these insane over the knee Sophia Webster boots. They so aren't what a vintage girl SHOULD own, but I do and I love them. I'll also mention they're insanely comfortable. So, I purposely keep a few cute mini skirts (which is basically any above the knee skirt in my books) to wear with them and accept that sometimes I will have anomalies in my wardrobe.

This skirt almost went in the cull in fact, but I lost a little weight lately and it fits again, so I am thrilled to be wearing it, especially with my cute burgundy cardigan. This cardigan gave me a headache at first. I bought it thinking it would be very easy to wear, then I got it and it didn't seem to go with the outfits I planned to wear it with as it wasn't just the right shade of burgundy. But once I actually sat down and thought logically about it I found plenty it goes with, but for a few months I had it in my head it was hard to wear, and that was quite ridiculous!

I am glad though to be seeing the end of the cold weather, spring is practically here, even if it does mean putting these boots away again for a few months. It's been a strange winter too, I didn't wear some things as much as I would've liked, simply because I wasn't trekking into the office every day. So, I will try to squeeze one or two more wears out of my heaviest winter pieces before I put them away, then get really excited for ALL of the open toed shoes EVERYDAY.

I've already painted my toenails a delicious shade of blue in anticipation...

Wearing...
Doll Me Up cropped cardigan, Anthropologie skirt, Sophia Webster boots, Vintage 40s necklace thrifted, Jennifer Behr leather headband.

2 comments:

ModernVintageStyle said...

What gorgeous boots - and a fabulous skirt to wear with them too. Although it's a different look for you, this outfit really works. I want to get my hands on some boots like yours, and it's good to know that these are comfortable - that's always been the issue for me. Kx

Porcelina said...

I really like seeing bloggers wearing something completely different - for them - from time to time. You're very creative anyway in your looks, and style your hair/makeup etc. differently depending on what you're wearing, so I find it interesting anyway to stop by your blog. But today, this is particularly striking! Those boots are rather splendid. Love that hair band too, quite unusual.
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...