Monday, June 14, 2010

The Queen's Birthday: Part 1






For those international dwelling people, Canberra (not Melbourne or Sydney) is the capital of this fine nation, Australia. Built between Melbourne and Sydney for fairness sake, it is a planned city (unlike Sydney, which is higgle-de-piggle-de) and is no where near the beach. It’s all government buildings, beautiful parklands, museums, an artificial lake, with the spectacular rolling hills of the Great Dividing Range in the background. It also boasts the most wonderful chilly weather. I am quite fond of this city, even though a lot of people say it is boring.

Anyway, the lure of a weekend away was a little too great for a long weekend (Happy Birthday Queen Lizzie!) so off Astin Kirby and I went! We stayed at the Brassey Hotel at Barton Gardens. It’s such an old beautiful building and when weddings are on they roll out the red carpet for guests!

On Sunday morning we decided to take a look around the beautiful artificially created Lake Burley Griffin. Last time I was holidaying in Canberra I was on cute paddle boats on the water and got horrifically sunburnt. This time I was rugged up! I still think it’s charming in the cold (read: freezing).

Catch you during the week,

Love WTP x

1 comment:

Sam said...

Oh fun! I too like Canbera! It's pretty and exciting - all those huge spaces and curved highways! Did you go to the war museum - for some reason I adore it! Looking forward to part 2!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...