Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Madame Butterfly







So, you know I’m a ballet and opera buff and on Monday night I went to see “Madama Butterfly” (the ballet version, not the opera) with Astin and her mother. Of course, as per usual, the costuming, the dancing and the music were divine, and I spent the whole show sitting bolt upright in my seat, watching in awe. Ok, the bolt upright may also have had something to do with my undergarments, but how else do you get a wasp waist?

Speaking of waists… The skirt is from Dear Golden Vintage and it swooshes as you walk. I wore it with a beautiful 40s silk blouse from Allen Company Inc (Kristina is such a gem to have priority mailed this to me in time), and deco earrings and ring from Jean Jean Vintage. I also wore Senso suede heels and fishnet stay ups which failed at ‘staying up’. The right one ended up below my knee as I was walking up to the Opera House and I had to stop to hoick up my skirt to my mid thigh and pull up my stockings in front of a table of diners at some schmancy restaurant at the Quay. One male diner in particular was fascinated. Attractive, I know.

Love WTP x

3 comments:

Emma Powick said...

Sounds fantastic, and u look fab but i'm glad to know im not the only one that suffers with stocking problems!

Jean Jean Vintage said...

You look fantastic! I actually thought you were wearing a dress, the fabrics match so well. It wasn't until I started reading that I realized it was a skirt and top! Thank you for taking the Jean Jean jewels out for a night at the Opera!

Louise said...

Beautiful. I thought this was a dress at first glance. Wonderfully coordinated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...