Monday, April 2, 2012

Sydney in the 60s



I've lived in Sydney all my life and I love this city. I love it. Not as some kind of national patriotism, but because this city is so diverse, beautiful and busy. The mix of people here is surprising and I've been exposed to so many different cultures as a result. There are some fabulous spots in this city too. I love to sit in Hyde Park and people watch, walk along the harbour and even visit the State Theatre. So when I saw this video of life in Sydney in the 1960s I was surprised by how much the city hasn't changed. A lot of the buildings and infrastructure shown in this video are still standing, though obviously with some taller, newer, shinier buildings in the mix. But some things never change. I think that's what makes Sydney so much like home - the people are constantly changing, but the familiar landmarks are always there.

Enjoy. And come visit!

Love WTP x

1 comment:

alexis said...

It seems like a beautiful place to be in :) I went to Perth a couple of years ago but ive not visited Sydney.

Oh, and by the way, when will your shop be opening? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...