Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Street blogging in the 1900s







A co-worker sent through these images to me this week. They're just part of an obsessional collection of photographs by amateur photographer Edward Linley Sambourne, who was also the chief cartoonist for Punch. He photographed these women going about their lives on the streets of London and Paris. My favorite is perhaps the last one - there's something pretty smouldering about this lady. I'm beginning to think I could've done the Edwardian look, though that oversized hat looks a little cumbersome for bike riding!

You can see more pics and get all the here at the Daily Mail.

Love WTP x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That lady's smouldering look is fabulous!

I could so imagine you pulling off this look. Especially like in the third photo with the long plait and hat. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...