Monday, July 6, 2015

Busy Bee









I spent Sunday afternoon having a lovely leisurely look around the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney. I haven't been there since childhood, but I was lured back by the Undressed: 350 years of Underwear, Recollect: Underwear, Recollect: Shoes and A Fine Possession exhibitions - talk about packing in a lot for a grand total of $15 entry! Some of these exhibitions are closing soon - so try to catch them before they are gone. I couldn't take photos in the Undressed Exhibition, but I did snap some of the underwear and shoes. Go check them out for yourself if you can, there's so many fabulous pieces - the shoes come from around the world and some date back to the 1500s!

I wore these comfortable 50s style capri pants from Von 50 and a 50s novelty bee sweater. How cute is the detailing on this? A queen bee, little rhinestones, even a honeycomb sort of textured fabric. It is the best and the cutest ever. The coat I got on eBay for a song. I'd been wanting one for ages and sometimes good things come to those that wait. Rather than buying the first one I found, which was plain black, I got this one after the holiday on eBay. It has gold flecks in it. So good!

Wearing...
Wild Fell Hall 50s bee top, Von 50 capri pants, Vintage 1950s swing jacket via eBay, NineWest AndHearts ballet flats, Jean Jean Vintage Edwardian bangle 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! I missed this exhibition :( :( looks beautiful!

Bianca Esposito said...

Sounds like a fun day! That bee sweater is divine, so cute!

Kayla said...

Ahh I wish I took the time to go to this exhibition!! You look amazing as always, that bee top is so perfect! x

Lavender and Twill said...

Your top is seriously cute and ohmygoodness! LOOKATALLTHOSEGORGEOUSSHOES!!! Can I please just break in and steal a few pairs? Pretty please with a cherry on top? Do you think if I promised to wear them fabulously they would let me do that? :P ❤

xox,
bonita of Lavender & Twill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...