Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter




 Happy Easter everyone! I hope you're currently biting the ears off a chocolate bunny and sipping hot tea. I've already had a hot cross bun and am taking today to have a rest after a busy weekend already (and let my muscles recover from a tough Barre class yesterday).

I took these pictures on Friday just before it started raining of course, so they feel a bit dreary which is a shame as I had a good Friday indeed though it doesn't look it.

I love this dress, but it always amazes me how much other people love it - non-vintage wearers especially pay a lot of attention to this dress! My theory is that it's the bows; they're fun aren't they? It's a very easy dress to throw on when I want to be comfortable yet look polished, and nothing says Easter in my books like tulip print. I teamed the dress with my Dorothy Bauer chick brooch, isn't it the sweetest?

Wishing you a happy weekend, and my rag curls tutorial is coming soon, so keep an eye out!

Love WTP x

Wearing..
1950s Jerry Gilden dress from The Sweet Life Vintage, Art Deco flower basket earrings from Jean Jean Vintage, Dorothy Bauer chick brooch, Lucchesi flats from Zomp, Green double roses hair flowers from Daisy Jean Floral

3 comments:

Harlow Darling said...

For me it's all about that print - I LOVE tulips, and anything in yellow so that's what always catches my eye with this dress, but those bows are also fantastic. I don't think I've ever done an Easter outfit before because there's nothing "Easter appropriate" in my wardrobe and yet this is exactly how I see a perfect Easter outfit, spring flowers and baby chicks!

Lavender and Twill said...

Happy Easter to you to WTP! I love your Easter dress ~ those bows on the sleeves are just too fantastic and perfectly topped off with your sparkling DB chickadee. It's the one you wore for the 50s Fair isn't it? Sigh, that dress was just as dreamy in person as it is in the photos... ❤

xox,
bonita of Lavender & Twill

Tanith said...

I have to admit it is the bows that caught my interest immediately! They are fabulous. The dress has a lot going for it even without them, but they do take it up a notch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...