Friday, June 24, 2016

Dior dreaming


I've been daydreaming a lot lately about things I wish I could be doing but can't because of money. Don't you hate those fantasies? Hop on a plane and zoom over to see Nora of NoraFinds where we'd gallivant about London in our finery having champagne cocktails and what not, hop on a plane to Hong Kong and laze about by the rooftop pool under the constant stare of the mountains, go on a Net-A-Porter spending spree... Ah money. Yet for all that day dreaming, I've been really responsible and not shopped since I quit my last job. It's amazing I could control myself really, but it's helped me realise I was emotionally shopping because I was feeling so stressed I thought it was a reward. Now I'm dismantling all that excess stuff I only wore once from my life that was so out of hand, and I am feeling better about it. EBay has really taken a load off, and I will be listing even more in the coming weeks. But, that's not what this post is really about...

This post is about THIS dress. The Dior/Dita Von Teese inspired La Parisienne dress from Von 50'! This dress is sadly not available right now, so I feel a bit of a tease, but I was waiting for the weather to cool down enough to wear it.

I looked to Dita for the styling of this number, and while I admit it's hardly revolutionary, I have the same accessories as her so who am I to turn down tried and true styling? While Nora says I am biased, I find Dita Von Teese a great source of outfit inspiration - from colour combinations, cuts and accessories. I freely and unashamedly admit I look to celebrities with a similar shape or style and steal elements of their style I like. There's no need to re-invent the wheel when it comes to your daily style.

I will of course wear this dress so death over the coming seasons, so I look forward to seeing what else will work with it, and as is my goal lately.

This outfit certainly earned me some looks while I was out. I was so glad I had my sunglasses on to pretend I couldn't see the people around me dropping like flies (haha, I'm kidding). But seriously, this outfit is an example of how personal style, even good personal style, can definitely get you looked at. Don't be afraid of being looked at! Better to be remembered, better to be commented on, better to be asked what you're dressed for, better to be yourself and wear what makes you happy!

Wearing...
Von 50 La Parisienne dress, Alexander McQueen belt, Leather Gloves Online Italian unlined opera length gloves, NineWest pumps, Pared Eyewear Puss in Boots smoke/silver glasses, Vintage 1940s celluloid hand brooch.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Lovely classic outfit! Clothing is such an important way of expressing yourself, so I definitely agree that you should dress the way you want- even if it does earn you stares from other people. Let them look!
The Artyologist

ModernVintageStyle said...

What a divine dress - and truly perfect with the gloves, glasses and shoes. And an amazing brooch too. Kx

Ma Cherie D said...

This dress is perfection!

Unknown said...

Take advantage of the weak poundsterling and book your flights!! Heheheheh I do love this outfit even though it's Dita-inspired. IM JOKING HAHAHA. I do love it and I love that outfit that she originally had. I find that I love grey more and more lately, it's just such an elegant color!! I see that you're taking advantage of the cool weather and accessorising beautifully!

Harlow Darling said...

Looking to Dita for inspiration is a sure way to get a perfect outfit! I really love the elbow length opera gloves, you look amazing.

Mimi Zorz said...

Is this how winter looks in Australia? Not bad... I am a fan of Dita's too, her clothes are to die for, and of course there are not a lot of style icons these days. You look fabolous!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Devastatingly gorgeous + chic ensemble.

xoxo ♥ Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...