Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Roses and lace


Melbourne Cup day always makes me conflicted. I hate the cruelty to horses, but I love ANY excuse for a hat or fascinator. As I don't work in an office anymore either, I was tempted to let the day slide by unnoticed, but then I remembered that I had the perfect outfit for it so I treated the neighbourhood. They love it, judging on how cars slow down to look at me haha.

I'm wearing the Daisy Jean Floral limited edition Miss Ellen Fascinator. Yes, it's named for me and only available until the end of the year! If you like it, I suggest nabbing one for yourself before it's too late. I've teamed it here with one of my favourite Alice McCall dresses, and while modern, I feel this dress has a definite vintage nod, especially with these accessories. I can't believe I've never actually put this dress on the blog, given how long I lusted wildly over it the very first time I saw it go down a runway a few years ago. Alice McCall is one of those labels where every season I see one piece that really tickles my fancy for it's nod to vintage style.

Do you have a modern designer you're super soft on? And what have you got on your head today if you're in Australia?

Wearing...
Alice McCall In Motion dress, Peeptoe Shoes sample heels, Jean Jean Vintage 1960s rhinestone earrings, Daisy Jean Floral Miss Ellen fascinator, Cane Valley Emporium 1950s Foster Grant sunglasses

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...