Tuesday, December 19, 2017

There's no snow at Christmas

 

One of the things about being Australian is our Christmas would confuse those from the Northern Hemisphere. We get sold that traditional Christmas vision - snow, fireplaces, snuggling under blankets on a sleigh ride, hot cocoa and really ugly sweaters, but it doesn't translate for us! 

The closest we get to snow is well, the air conditioning blasting as we watch White Christmas. We build sand men, eat prawns and oysters and lobster, play backyard cricket, run in the sprinkler, and have to wait until 8.30pm for it even be dark enough to see Christmas lights...

And I'm not complaining. I'm really not. I'm actually fond of this curiosity. Though, I still laugh at how confused my brother's Swedish friend was when he spent a summer Christmas with us! His face when the platter of prawns appeared was priceless, though I'm not even sure if it was solely because of the appearance of cold prawns, or their sheer size in comparison to Swedish ones.

So when I saw this snowflake brooch from Luxulite I thought, yeah, I will actually wear that in winter and save the snowflakes for all my navy sweaters. But then it came to me, how well it would match my beloved 50s rose print skirt! So, here is my summery take on snowflakes and traditional Northern Christmas style. Which, really, suits my icy Christmas tree, doesn't it?

And never mind we are in the middle of a heat wave!

Love WTP x

Wearing:
The Original Bad Girl Atomic Glitz top, Vintage 1950s rose print skirt, ASOS Senorita heels, Daisy Jean Floral Designs Pink Veronica's Roses, Luxulite brooch

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice post but If you want to save money while shopping online stylish vintage summer party dresses visit www.shopperstrail.com

CHAPTER9 said...

nice article, but If you want to save money while shopping online stylish Fancy Leather Handbags For Women visit www.chapter9.co.in

Erwan said...

Passing by your blog (and old blog) ... and also my old blog imaginair.blogspot.com
Nostalgy !!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...