Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's been a long time...

...and I'm awfully worn out. I have spent today at the Sydney Vintage Clothing, Jewellery and Textiles show with fellow blogger and friend Astin Kirby. I haven't had a chance to photograph my gems yet, but let's just say I got a magnificent blue satin fifties dress dubbed the 'Alice in Wonderland' dress by the previous owner for $50, an amazing earring and necklace set for $25, a faux crocodile skin bag for $35 and a beaded bag for $25. I will photograph them when I get a chance.

I also bought some very 40s and 50s inspired dresses at Tree of Life yesterday. They really are very sweet. I suggest that if you like vintage style dresses but not the care factor, then take a look at Tree of Life. I'm wearing one of my dress tomorrow in fact! (in theory, the weather will be warm. In theory.)

Anyway.... best be off and be jolly (and slightly panicked) in the news Christmas is less than 10 weeks away.

(You just got that panicked feeling too, didn't you?)

4 comments:

pip a la chic said...

wow I didn't know Sydney had Vintage shows! I can't believe I didn't know! I have joined the mailing list so I can go next year. Pretty cool you picked up some bargains too.

Sam said...

My goodness - you scored some major items there! I think a full extended photo shoot is needed so we can fully appreciate your finds! :) Hope your start to the week has been smooth!

Wild Tea Party said...

To Pipalachic: Vintage fairs and shows are very popular in Sydney. I'd be happy to give you a heads up on anything upcoming.

Sam: Why not! As soon as I've got time, I'll get the trusty camera out and let you see the fabulous purchases!

pip a la chic said...

Yeah that would be AWESOME if you could let me know when more are on! I'm only two hours from Sydney and have alot of friends there..plus a great excuse to leave the Hunter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...